Having an online shopping cart feature is very important in today’s digital age. Having the correct pricing and servicing details displayed to potential customers is even more important.
In this article you’ll learn how to set up and edit your pricing and servicing details for each product in DocketShop.
This article is Step 3 in setting up both Basic and Premium DocketShop. If you haven’t already read Step 2, please click here.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you continue:
- You must have Admin or Office Staff permissions in order to set up DocketShop.
- You must have a phone number in your Docket profile.
- You must have at least one asset in your Docket account.
- You must have at least one pricing template set up or your pricing matrix imported into your Docket account.
- You must be set up with an online payment processor.
- DocketShop is separate from a website and cannot be used without one. Docket provides website services if you don’t already have one. To learn more, click here!
Please Note: It’s very important to add your assets and pricing templates or pricing matrix into Docket BEFORE having us activate your DocketShop subscription.
DocketShop automatically pulls in your asset inventory and pricing ONCE when it’s first activated. Moving forward you’ll need to manually update your assets and pricing information, so make sure you have most of the work done beforehand!
Access Pricing and Servicing for DocketShop Products
To view your pricing and servicing details for a product in DocketShop, click into Online Booking towards the top of your left-hand menu.
Once you’re in the DocketShop editor, click into Products.
Next you’ll click on the product you want to set up or adjust pricing and servicing details for.
Finally, click into the Pricing & Servicing tab at the top of the product's details page.
This page has two sections: the Pricing information in the left-hand column and the Servicing information in the right-hand box.
Set Up Pricing Details
We recommend starting with your product’s pricing details since these are mostly quick decisions for drop-down settings.
- Pricing Model defaults to Fixed Pricing, but if you’re using a pricing matrix for your assets, you should change this to Variable Pricing. If you don’t want potential customers to fully book and pay online, you can change this to None so that only requests can be submitted, not actual scheduling.
- Show Extra Day Fees defaults to Show, but you can Hide these fees if you want. We do recommend showing fees as a best practice however.
- Taxable indicates whether or not the pricing on this particular product is taxable or not.
- Can Add Multiple to Cart defaults to No, but you can change this to Yes if you’d like a potential customer to book multiple products at once. If you change this to Yes, all products that a customer books will be scheduled for the same delivery and pickup dates, however, so we recommend leaving this as No.
- Price and Price to Compare gives you an opportunity to show potential customers how your base price for a particular product compares to the average price for the same product in your industry.
- Show Price Heading defaults to Show, but you can Hide this label if you want. We recommend leaving this on for clarity to your potential customers.
- Servicing Cut-Off Time allows you to select an ending time for booking a same-day delivery or service of this particular product. For instance, if you don’t want to work in same-day bookings for this product after 11am, you can set that up here.
- Automatic Selection of Service End applies to products that you create a service period for. It defaults to automatically selecting the appropriate end date according to your service period, but you can turn this off if you want to allow your potential customers to select their own end date even if it’s different from the service period you’ve set up.
(Jump to the Servicing Details section of this article for more information on service periods.)
- Price Unavailable Message is a type of error message that a potential customer will see if there is a mismatch between your pricing matrix and this product’s price factors. You can customize the default message if you’d like, but this will only apply if you’re using a pricing matrix.
Don’t forget to click the blue ‘Save Changes’ button at the top!
Pricing Details with Variable Pricing Model
If you’re using a pricing matrix in Docket and the matrix has pricing details for a product you’re adding into DocketShop, you’ll need to select ‘Variable Pricing’ from the Pricing Model drop-down.
In addition to the drop-down settings that normally appear in this pricing details section, a new setting will appear under Variable Pricing: Show Overage Costs.
We always recommend to show your additional fees for your potential customers’ clarity, but you do have the option to Hide the overage costs if necessary.
Pricing Details with No Pricing Model
If you don’t want to give potential customers the ability to schedule and pay for a product online, but still want to show your products in a shopping cart-like display on your website, you can select ‘None’ from the Pricing Model drop-down.
All of the drop-down settings that normally appear in this pricing details section will remain the same, except for #5: Price and Price to Compare. This will be replaced with a different setting: Alternate Price Display.
You can leave this blank or add something like “Price to be discussed upon request”.
Set Up Servicing Details
If you have your Pricing Model set to Fixed Pricing, then you’ll need to fill out the Servicing details section on the right-hand side.
If you have your Pricing Model set to Variable Pricing or None (no pricing) then the Servicing details section won’t apply to your product and you can leave it blank.
- Servicing is where you’ll set up one or more service periods for this product, if necessary. Choose the ‘Exact’ or ‘Up To’ number of ‘Days’ or ‘Hours’ and add a related price. Clicking on the blue ‘+’ icon to the left will apply it to this product.
You can set up more than one service period that potential customers can choose from when booking or requesting this product. If you’d like to have a specific service period be the primary option that automatically applies to a product, clicking on the “Default” option will set that up.
Among other details, you can select how Docket will apply your tax rates to any overage charges that may apply to this product. By default, the taxes will match the product’s taxes, but you can change this to ‘Yes’ to ensure that the overage charge is taxed no matter what or ‘No’ so overage charges aren’t taxed at all.
- Open-Ended Servicing enables you to offer potential customers the option to book this product without selecting an end date. This is a great option for ongoing rentals or services that you don’t need to closely track availability for.
- Daily Rate Servicing enables you to offer potential customers the option to book this product with a flexible service period or one they determine. This is a great option for products or services that are billed for at a daily rate or ones you don’t want or need a predefined service period for.
Don’t forget to click the blue ‘Save Changes’ button at the top!
Step 4 in setting up DocketShop is to set up your availability and time windows. Click here to jump to the next article.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support team through the green chat widget on the bottom right of this page or by sending an email to email@example.com!