DocketShop, also known as online booking, is a shopping cart that’s fully integrated with your Docket account and heavily customizable. Part of the customization ability lives in the 6-step workflow associated with your Storefront.
In this article you’ll learn how to edit and manage the first default workflow step that potential customers will complete on your website when using DocketShop as your online shopping cart.
This article is part of the 6-step process in setting up both Basic and Premium DocketShop. If you need to set up DocketShop, please click here.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you continue:
- You must have Admin or Office Staff permissions in order to access or edit a DocketShop workflow step.
- You must have an active DocketShop subscription in order to access or edit a DocketShop workflow step.
Access Service Address Lookup
To view a workflow and its various steps (also called forms) in DocketShop, click into Online Booking towards the top of your left-hand menu.
Once you’re in the DocketShop editor, you’ll always land in the Storefronts section by default.
You’re also going to see the workflow editor by default when clicking into Online Booking.
Make sure the correct Storefront name is selected to the left before you begin using the workflow editor otherwise you’ll edit the wrong Storefront’s workflow.
Service Address Lookup
The first step in your Storefront’s workflow will ask a potential customer to enter the address that they’d like the selected product(s) delivered to. This ensures that you only get orders or requests from the areas that you service.
- At the top of the Service Address Lookup editor there are 3 options:
- Form Title: This is the name that displays to potential customers when they’re going through this workflow. We recommend leaving it as the default ‘Service Address Lookup’ name.
- Up and Down Arrows: These arrows can be used to reorder where this step occurs in your workflow. Because this page should always be the first step in your workflow, please leave this as is.
- Redirect Drop-down: This option gives you a way to send a potential customer to a different workflow step than what’s normally up next (by default the next workflow step is Product List).
- Show DocketShop Logo can only be disabled if you have Premium DocketShop. With Basic DocketShop, the shopping cart will show “Powered By DocketShop”.
- Background Image is where you can upload your own background image to display behind the address verification tool instead of just having a gray background.
- Heading is where you can change the default header message on the Service Address Lookup page.
- Brighten Logo can make your uploaded logo look brighter on this page.
- Logo Alignment changes where your logo appears on this page.
- Show Company Name can remove your business name from this page.
- Logo Size gives you control over how big your logo appears on this page.
- Background Blur gives you control over how the background appears on this page.
- Background Brightness can make your uploaded background image look brighter on this page.
- Introduction is where you can change the default subheading message on this page.
- Address Confirmation asks the potential customer to confirm the Service Address they entered is correct.
- Map Display Type controls how the map appears if you’ve selected ‘Show with Map’ from the Address Confirmation drop-down. If you don’t have the Address Confirmation set to ‘Show with Map’ then this setting won’t apply.
- Handling Customers Not in Service Area - Redirect is only available with Premium DocketShop. If you have a separate page on your website with additional information for potential customers who are out of your service area, you can easily redirect an out-of-area customer to that web page.
- Handling Customers Not in Service Area - Splash Screen Title and Splash Screen Text Content are available with both Basic and Premium DocketShop. This setting allows you to show a particular message right within the shopping cart area for out-of-area requests. Feel free to edit the title and text content to reflect your process for handling these types of requests.
Don’t forget to click the blue save button at the top any time you make a change!
The next workflow step involves your asset inventory, called Products. Click here to jump to the next article.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support team through the green chat widget on the bottom right of this page or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!