DocketShop, also known as online booking, is a shopping cart that’s fully integrated with your Docket account and heavily customizable. Part of the customization ability lives in the 6-step workflow associated with your Storefront.
In this article you’ll learn how to edit and manage the second default workflow step that potential customers will complete on your website when using DocketShop as your online shopping cart.
This article is part of the 6-step process in setting up both Basic and Premium DocketShop. If you need to set up DocketShop, please click here.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you continue:
- You must have Admin or Office Staff permissions in order to access or edit a DocketShop workflow step.
- You must have an active DocketShop subscription in order to access or edit a DocketShop workflow step.
Access Your Product List
To view a workflow and its various steps (also called forms) in DocketShop, click into Online Booking towards the top of your left-hand menu.
Once you’re in the DocketShop editor, you’ll always land in the Storefronts section by default.
You’re also going to see the workflow editor by default when clicking into Online Booking.
Make sure the correct Storefront name is selected to the left before you begin using the workflow editor otherwise you’ll edit the wrong Storefront’s workflow.
Set Up Your Product List
The second step in your Storefront’s workflow will ask a potential customer to select the product(s)/service(s) that you have previously made available in the Products area of DocketShop.
- At the top of the Product List editor there are 3 options:
- Form Title: This is the name that displays to potential customers when they’re going through this workflow. We recommend leaving it as the default ‘Product List’ name.
- Up and Down Arrows: These arrows can be used to reorder where this step occurs in your workflow.
- Redirect Drop-down: This option gives you a way to send a potential customer to a different workflow step than what’s normally up next (by default the next workflow step is Contact & Delivery).
- List Description is where you can display a title or other information at the top of your list of available products and services.
- Product Selection is how you can require that at least one item be added to the shopping cart in order to submit an order or request. You can also determine whether or not a potential customer is allowed to add more than one item to their cart.
Please Note: If you allow more than one item to be ordered/requested, the day and time the customer chooses in the next workflow step will apply to ALL the items ordered/requested. For this reason, we recommend that you only allow one item to be ordered/requested at a time.
- Display Mode gives you two options for listing your available products/services: List or Card.
- View-Only Mode determines whether or not a potential customer can actually add an item to their shopping cart and submit/pay for an order. If you don’t want potential customers to be able to submit and pay for an order, you can enable this setting.
- Displayed Product Sets shows a quick summary of all the products that’ll be available for potential customers to add to their shopping cart.
- Filters is an advanced setting that can be used to limit the type of products that’ll be available for potential customers to add to their shopping cart.
Don’t forget to click the blue save button at the top any time you make a change!
The next workflow step handles the scheduling options that appear to potential customers. Click here to jump to the next article.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support team through the green chat widget on the bottom right of this page or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!