DocketShop, also known as online booking, is a shopping cart that’s fully integrated with your Docket account and heavily customizable. Part of the customization ability lives in the 6-step workflow associated with your Storefront.
In this article you’ll learn how to edit and manage the fifth default workflow step that potential customers will complete on your website when using DocketShop as your online shopping cart.
This article is part of the 6-step process in setting up both Basic and Premium DocketShop. If you need to set up DocketShop, please click here.
Before You Start
Here are a few things to know before you continue:
- You must have Admin or Office Staff permissions in order to access or edit a DocketShop workflow step.
- You must have an active DocketShop subscription in order to access or edit a DocketShop workflow step.
Access the Payment Form
To view a workflow and its various steps (also called forms) in DocketShop, click into Online Booking towards the top of your left-hand menu.
Once you’re in the DocketShop editor, you’ll always land in the Storefronts section by default.
You’re also going to see the workflow editor by default when clicking into Online Booking.
Make sure the correct Storefront name is selected to the left before you begin using the workflow editor otherwise you’ll edit the wrong Storefront’s workflow.
Set Up the Payment Form
The fifth step in your Storefront’s workflow will ask a potential customer to enter their credit card details so your integrated payment processor can successfully run their payment.
- At the top of the Payment editor there are 3 options:
- Form Title: This is the name that displays to potential customers when they’re going through this workflow. We recommend leaving it as the default ‘Payment’ name.
- Up and Down Arrows: These arrows can be used to reorder where this step occurs in your workflow.
- Payment and Billing Inputs: This determines how the credit card information form appears to potential customers when they’re checking out on your website.
- Payment Handling gives you flexibility around collecting payment for your online orders.
- Order Submission Redirect URL is only available for Premium DocketShop. If you have a separate page on your website with additional information for new customers who’ve successfully submitted an online order, you can easily redirect them to that web page after they click the “Place Order” button.
- Payment Disclosure is useful if you need to provide a potential customer with payment-specific terms and conditions and require them to accept those terms.
Don’t forget to click the blue save button at the top any time you make a change!
The next workflow step controls the order confirmation message that appears to new customers. Click here to jump to the next article.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Support team through the green chat widget on the bottom right of this page or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!